My youth was spent in the surfing capital of Australia, North Narrabeen, Sydney. This fact coupled with a pale complexion means that I have always been conscious of the sun’s damaging rays.
I originally started Spot Diagnosis in Christchurch after moving there in the early 2000s with my wife and three sons. The goal was to set up deliver an expert, yet affordable, service in the early detection of skin cancers, mole removal, acne and skin treatment.
However, the earthquakes in 2011 changed my life. My business was sadly moved to the 4th Floor of the CTV Building, where 13 friends and colleagues were tragically killed on 22 February 2011. I subsequently returned to Australia and for five years worked exclusively in Skin Cancer Treatment.
Nelson is my home port now. My leisure time sailing, skiing and surfing.
I look forward to meeting and helping the wider community with their skin related concerns.
I have over 35 years of experience in Medical Practice with a particular focus on Skin Conditions and Skin Cancer management.
- 1979 – University of New South Wales – Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- 1979 – Registered as Medical Practitioner in NSW, Australia
- 1990 – Shared Obstetric Care Course, The Hunter Postgraduate Medical Institute (Newcastle, NSW, Australia)
- 1994 – Affiliate of the Newcastle Melanoma Unit (NSW, Australia)
- 2002 – Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- 2003 – Fellowship of the Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners
- 2005 – Diploma in Practical Dermatology, Cardiff University
- 2006 – Appointed Honorary Teaching Associate in Dermatology, Cardiff University
- 2008 – Diploma of Dermoscopy, Skin Cancer College Australasia
- 2008 – Australian Diploma of Dermoscopy